SmarTech Points New Report on Additive Manufacturing in Orthotics and Prosthetics Markets
CROZET, VA, November 08, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ — The newest medical 3D printing trade report from SmarTech Publishing -the main supplier of trade evaluation and market analysis companies to the 3D printing/additive manufacturing market initiatives a disruptive influence for a lot of key 3D printing applied sciences and purposes throughout the multi-billion greenback orthotics and prosthetics (O&P) market over the approaching decade. Early analysis and purposes have demonstrated a singular means for 3D printing to utterly revolutionize enterprise fashions and entry to customized and purposeful prosthetic and orthotic medical units. Additional adoption of 3DP in O&P markets from right now’s early innovators is projected to finally influence an estimated 35 % of all units produced, whereas producing a whole bunch of hundreds of thousands of in financial influence and income alternatives for 3D printing options.
For extra particulars on the report, go to: https://www.smartechpublishing.com/experiences/opportunities-for-additive-manufacturing-in-medical-devices-prosthetics-ort
SmarTech can also be cohosting the Additive Manufacturing Methods Summit (https://additivemanufacturingstrategies.com/) at the side of 3D Print.com that may happen in January 2018. On the occasion SmarTech analysts will current findings from this report in addition to different associated medial and 3D printing research.
In regards to the Report:
Early experiments with 3D printing of orthotic and prosthetic units have confirmed 3D printing, as a digitally enabled course of, can broaden entry to medical units by way of disruptive cost-to-value ratio and versatile on-demand manufacturing.
Scott Dunham, Vice President of Analysis at SmarTech Publishing and writer of Alternatives for Additive Manufacturing in Medical Gadgets – Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Audiology, stresses the significance in understanding the potential impacts that 3D printing/additive manufacturing may have within the O&P market.
“It is vital for stakeholders within the orthotics and prosthetics enterprise to understand what the far-reaching potential impacts that 3D printing may have in how podiatrists and prosthetists can deal with sufferers, and the way shoppers will shift their strategy to therapy choices for amputation and biomechanical dysfunction altogether sooner or later. Once you see compassionate-use teams printing a complete transradial prosthetic hand for kids in underserved areas that prices lower than $500 and is aggressive with a $15,000 conventional gadget, it is vital to grasp how such a use case might be expanded to actually disrupt the present trade construction.”
The report focuses a lot of its 120 pages of content material and market evaluation on purposes and trade adoption of 3D printing in orthotic and prosthetic units, together with higher and decrease extremity prosthetic purposes, to the manufacture of orthotic insoles and ankle-foot orthotic type braces. Report options embody:
– Ten yr income alternative forecasts on the market of printers by know-how, print materials by kind issue and polymer/alloy household, print companies by gadget sort, and software program by device performance
– Penetration and financial influence evaluation of adoption of 3D printing within the present markets for prosthetic and orthotic units, together with complete market valuation of printed medical units or gadget elements the place related, and the penetration of 3D printing as a manufacturing course of in comparison with incumbent strategies of producing
– Manufacturing quantity forecasts for printed prosthetics, orthotics, and associated elements by gadget sort by way of 2027, cut up by print materials the place related
From the Report:
– The manufacture of customized orthotic insoles utilizing polymer powder mattress fusion and materials extrusion 3D printing applied sciences are anticipated to disrupt the enterprise mannequin and care construction for customized orthotics worldwide, and will considerably shift the function of the podiatrist within the allotting of orthotic insoles sooner or later. This might spark adoption of low price printing applied sciences instantly in-office by foot care specialists.
– In prosthetics, 3D printing holds promise as a manufacturing course of to upend the standard market the place prosthetic units usually price between $10,000 and $50,000 or extra, and solely have an anticipated helpful product lifecycle of 5 years or much less. Digital manufacturing permits not just for the potential for the creation of way more accessible units from a value perspective, but additionally for a way more sustainable strategy to life-long amputee care by way of a digitally powered course of utilizing scanning and imaging know-how.
To Buy this Report:
For extra info or to buy this report, please contact:
About SmarTech Publishing:
Since 2013 SmarTech Publishing has printed experiences on all of the vital income alternatives within the 3D printing/additive manufacturing sector and is taken into account the main trade analyst agency offering protection of this sector. Our firm has a shopper roster that features the biggest 3D printer companies, supplies companies and traders within the 3DP/AM sector.
For extra particulars on our firm go to www.smartechpublishing.com
Powered by WPeMatico